Sunday 5 January 2014


 
For Eric's last weekend, we went to St. Lucia (again copying Dave and Christine J) and stayed at a very nice beach getaway called Lidiko Lodge.  St. Lucia seems like a major resort town although I think because the holidays just ended it was a little quieter than usual.  It kind of reminded us of the Caribbean but with signs all over the place saying "beware of the Hippos".  We had some great food, and went on a game drive.  Not nearly as good as Rob’s, but we did see some elephants, plus we had a killer lunch of steaks and South African sausage. 




No Hippos :(, it was too hot.  Eric and I have both decided that the South African diet is very meat heavy.  During our drive home we stopped in a cheese shop.  When parking, my car got stuck in a ditch and I had to get it towed out… South Africa 2, Mike 0.   I think I'm at my limit for uploading pictures, see FB for the car getting towed out.  Luckily the cheese shop was also a farm which had a trailer hitch!

No comments:

Post a Comment